EKGEO.com Privacy Notice
Updated as of 12 May 2015
- Non-Account Activity. You can watch video or image on EKGEO.com without having a EKGEO.com Account or a EKGEO.com Account. You can also contact us about a particular video or image without having a EKGEO.com Account or a EKGEO.com Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on EKGEO.com—like uploading video or image, posting comments, flagging video or image or watching restricted video or image—require you to have a EKGEO.com Account or a EKGEO.com Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a EKGEO.com Account or a EKGEO.com Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorised access. A EKGEO.com Account allows you to access many of our services that require registration.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use EKGEO.com, the channels, groups and favourites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the video or image you watch and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in EKGEO.com (including UI elements, settings and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video or image content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the EKGEO.com Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain and provide to you the general and personalised features and functionality of the EKGEO.com Sites and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you upload video or image or send messages through the EKGEO.com Sites and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any video or image that you submit to the EKGEO.com Sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video or image.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific programme or feature for which you will have the ability to opt in or opt out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major EKGEO.com Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the EKGEO.com Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality and services by storing, tracking, analysing and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the site, some information regarding your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged in to your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), your country and the number of video or image you have watched.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as uploading video or image or sending messages via the EKGEO.com Sites. Other Users can contact you via messages and comments.
- You can also choose to add personal information that will be visible to other Users on your channel page (the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, your name, gender, relationship status or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your channel page, these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other Users. Such shared activity may include video or image you add as favourites, video or image you rate and video or image you have uploaded.
- Any video or image that you submit to the EKGEO.com Sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video or image.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the EKGEO.com Sites, in which case you can still view video or image and explore the EKGEO.com Sites, but EKGEO.com may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced EKGEO.com features may, for authentication purposes, require you to sign up for other EKGEO.com services like EKGEO.com Checkout or AdSense. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page .
- You may clear your viewing history at any time through the "Viewing History" feature.
- You can control the information that is available to other Users and your confirmed friends at any time, by editing your account and the features included on your channel page.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
EKGEO.com does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific programme or feature for which you will have the ability to opt in or opt out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks EKGEO.com to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men aged 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men aged 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the EKGEO.com Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Madhapur, Hyderabad - 500035